Ganderbal: Amarnath Yatra, which remained suspended for four days after 16 people were killed in a flash flood near the holy cave last week, resumed on Tuesday as fresh batch of pilgrims left for holy cave from Baltal base camp, officials said here.
An official told the Kashmir News Service (KNS), that a fresh batch of pilgrims was allowed from Baltal base camp today morning.
Yesterday, about 3,000 pilgrims were allowed to move towards Chandanwari from the Pahalgam base camp. The Yatra from this side was stopped for the three two days after cloudburst incident near the Amarnath holy cave.
Notably, Yatra was suspended after a cloudburst hit at lower Amarnath cave shrine on Friday, in which at least 16 people died, while dozens were injured.
On Monday, Yatra resumed after three days from Nunwan base camp in Pahalgam after fresh batch of yatris was allowed to proceed toward the holy cave. (KNS)